Joseph suffered for years as a result of being betrayed and sold into slavery by his own brothers. But in the end he said, “You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good…so I could save the lives of many people.” Genesis 50:20 In the same way, God knows your name and your troubles. He has not fallen asleep or grown weary. When you trust in Him, He will give you the strength to make it through. (Isaiah 40:26-31)
“We know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” Romans 8:28 When your life seems to be falling apart, you need to hang on to the unshakable truth of who God is. Trusting and resting in his perfect love will help you overcome your fear with faith. Then we all can say with the apostle John: “We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love.” 1 John 4:16
Will you pray this week:
• That God will help you trust in His unchanging character, no matter what happens
• That faith, not fear or emotions, will rule in your life.
• That you will believe in God’s goodness and praise Him in the midst of hard times
• For God to help you focus on eternal, lasting things
• That you will be a witness of God’s faithfulness
This article is an excerpt from Why Does God Allow Bad Things to Happen to Good People on GodLife.com
I can pray with you. Click here to share your story with me and I will be in touch shortly.